Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why I switched to cloth.

              OK so I have not always been a cloth diapering momma. When my son was born I was 21 and really didn't know much about anything. I used pampers. I soon found that my son, Cole, had a constant diaper rash. I mean blisters and bad open sores. I took him to the doctor from the time he was 2 weeks old to the time that he was 1 1/2 and I couldn't get any answers. I finally took him to see an allergist after his 2nd birthday and to my amazement he has severe skin allergies. He was allergic to the diapers and the rash cream that I had been using. I already had my daughter, Eden, by this time and she just turned 6 months that's when I made the most controversial decision in my short life as a mother. I switched to cloth diapers.
              My family, not all but some, turned their noses up and told me I was strange for wanting to do this. I politely told them that this was not their decision and I would do what was best for my children. I hated to see my sweet Cole cry every time that I took his pamper off. I did lots of research and found that there was so much information that I was overwhelmed. I read lots of blogs and watched lots of cloth diapering vlogs. I found them to be super helpful. So after I finished my research I ordered my first diapers. I waited to receive what us cloth diaperers call fluff in the mail.(They call it fluff because they make your baby have a fluffy booty.) I got them and did the necessary prepping. I started my cloth journey after the diapers dried and I will never ever go back. I just wish I would have done it from birth with all of my babies. If we decide to have anymore that will be the case.






Cole at a few weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment